Last updated July 4th, 2020
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you register on the website and express an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and Services, when you participate in activities on the platform (such as by posting messages in our online forums, blogs, buyer-seller messaging or giveaways) or otherwise when you contact us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us, the choices you make and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect may include the following:
- Social Media Login Data. We may provide you with the option to register with us using your existing social media account details, like your Facebook, Twitter or other social media account. If you choose to register in this way, we will collect the information described in the section called "HOW DO WE HANDLE YOUR SOCIAL LOGINS" below. All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
- Information Automatically Collected. Some information — such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address and/or browser and device characteristics — is collected automatically when you visit our website, use or navigate our website, who sign up for a blog to provide a username and email address, etc. This may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, country, contact or authentication data; billing and mailing addresses location, information about who and when you use our and other technical information.
- Payment Data. We may collect data necessary to process your payment if you make purchases, such as your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number), and the security code associated with your payment instrument.
Information Collected Through Our App
If you use our App, we also collect the following information:
- Geo-Location Information. We may request access or permission to and track location-based information from your mobile device, either continuously or while you are using our App, to provide certain location-based services. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device's settings.
- Push Notifications. We may request to send you push notifications regarding your account or certain features of the App. If you wish to opt-out from receiving these types of communications, you may turn them off in your device's settings.
The information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our App, for troubleshooting and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes. Also, it helps us to better understand how Qubyk Marketplace visitors use our website and mobile app.
2. HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We use personal information collected via our Services for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests, in order to enter into or perform a contract with you, with your consent, and/or for compliance with our legal obligations. We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To Facilitate Account Creation And Logon Process. If you choose to link your account with us to a third-party account (such as your Google or Facebook account), we use the information you allowed us to collect from those third parties to facilitate account creation and logon process for the performance of the contract. See the section below headed "HOW DO WE HANDLE YOUR SOCIAL LOGINS" for further information.
- To Post Testimonials. We post testimonials on our Services that may contain personal information. Prior to posting a testimonial, we will obtain your consent to use your name and the consent of the testimonial. If you wish to update, or delete your testimonial, please contact us at [email protected] and be sure to include your name, testimonial location, and contact information.
- Request Feedback. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Services.
- To Enable User-To-User communications. We may use your information in order to enable user-to-user communications with each user's consent.
- To Manage User Accounts. We may use your information for the purposes of managing our account and keeping it in working order.
- To Send Administrative Information To You. We may use your personal information to send you product, service and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To Protect Our Services. We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our Services safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- To Respond To Legal Requests And Prevent Harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
- Fulfill And Manage Your Orders. We or our suppliers or sellers or partners may use your information to fulfill and manage your orders, payments, returns, and exchanges made through the Services.
- Administer Prize Draws and Competitions. We may use your information to administer prize draws and competitions when you elect to participate in our competitions.
- To Deliver And Facilitate Delivery Of Services To The User. We may use your information to provide you with the requested service.
- To Respond To User Inquiries/Offer Support To Users. We may use your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the use of our Services.
- To Send You Marketing And Promotional Communications. We and/or our third-party marketing partners may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. For example, when expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our Services, subscribing to marketing or otherwise contacting us, we will collect personal information from you. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time (see the "WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS" below).
- Deliver Targeted Advertising To You. We may use your information to develop and display personalized content and advertising (and work with third parties who do so) tailored to your interests and/or location and to measure its effectiveness.
- For Other Business Purposes. We may use your information for other business purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Services, products, marketing and your experience. We may use and store this information in aggregated and anonymized form so that it is not associated with individual end users and does not include personal information. We will not use identifiable personal information without your consent.
- Comply With Law. To enforce our terms, conditions and policies for business purposes, to comply with legal and regulatory requirements or in connection with our contract.
3. WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations.We may process or share your data that we hold based on the following legal basis:
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests. However your information discloses only to company’s employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, may or may not be located in your country.
- Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Vendors, Consultants and Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with third-party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service and marketing efforts. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the Services, which will enable them to collect data on our behalf about how you interact with our Services over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content, pages or features, and better understand online activity. Unless described in this notice, we do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes. We have contracts in place with our data processors, which are designed to help safeguard your personal information. This means that they cannot do anything with your personal information unless we have instructed them to do it. They will also not share your personal information with any organization apart from us. They also commit to protect the data they hold on our behalf and to retain it for the period we instruct.
- Third-Party Advertisers. We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit or use the Services. These companies may use information about your visits to our Website(s) and other websites that are contained in web cookies and other tracking technologies in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
- Affiliates. We may share your information with our affiliates, in which case we will require those affiliates to honor this privacy notice. Affiliates include our parent company and any subsidiaries, joint venture partners or other companies that we control or that are under common control with us.
- Business Partners. We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
- Other Users. When you share personal information or otherwise interact with public areas of the , such personal information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly made available outside in perpetuity. If you interact with other users of our and register for our through a social network (such as Facebook), your contacts on the social network will see your name, profile photo, and descriptions of your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of your activity, communicate with you within our, and view your profile.
- Offer Wall. Our App may display a third-party hosted “offer wall.” Such an offer wall allows third-party advertisers to offer virtual currency, gifts, or other items to users in return for the acceptance and completion of an advertisement offer. Such an offer wall may appear in our App and be displayed to you based on certain data, such as your geographic area or demographic information. When you click on an offer wall, you will be brought to an external website belonging to other persons and will leave our App. A unique identifier, such as your user ID, will be shared with the offer wall provider in order to prevent fraud and properly credit your account with the relevant reward. Please note that we do not control third-party websites and have no responsibility in relation to the content of such websites. The inclusion of a link towards a third-party website does not imply an endorsement by us of such website. Accordingly, we do not make any warranty regarding such third-party websites and we will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by the use of such websites. In addition, when you access any third-party website, please understand that your rights while accessing and using those websites will be governed by the privacy notice and terms of service relating to the use of those websites.
4. WHO WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH?
We only share and disclose your information with the following third parties. We have categorized each party so that you may easily understand the purpose of our data collection and processing practices. If we have processed your data based on your consent and you wish to revoke your consent, please contact us using the contact details provided in the section below titled "HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE?".
- Advertising, Direct Marketing, and Lead Generation. Google AdSense, Facebook Audience Network, Bing Ads and ZOHO CRM
- Affiliate Marketing Programs. Amazon Affiliation, CJ Affiliate Program, ClickBank and LinkShare
- Allow Users to Connect to Their Third-Party Accounts. Facebook account, Google account and Instagram account
- Cloud Computing Services. Private cloud, SSDNodes, Digital Ocean, Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure
- Communicate and Chat with Users. Facebook Customer Chat and Custom Chat
- Content Optimization. Google Site Search, YouTube video embed and MailChimp widget plugin
- Data Backup and Security. Private cloud, SSDNodes, Digital Ocean, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure and Amazon Glacier
- Functionality and Infrastructure Optimization. Cloud Firestore, Amazon Web Services and SSDNodes
- Invoice and Billing. Stripe, Apple Pay, Google Wallet, Klarna and PayPal
- Retargeting Platforms. Google Ads Remarketing , Google Analytics Remarketing, Facebook Custom Audience, Facebook Remarketing, instagram and pinterest
- Social Media Sharing and Advertising. Facebook advertising, Facebook social plugins, Google+ social plugins, Instagram advertising, Pinterest advertising and Pinterest social plugins
- User Account Registration and Authentication. Facebook Login, Google OAuth 2.0, Google Sign-In and Instagram Authentication
- User Commenting and Forums. Google Tag Manager
- Web and Mobile Analytics. Facebook Analytics, Google Analytics, Google Ads, Google Tag Manager, Facebook Ads conversion tracking and Instagram
- Website Hosting. Private cloud, SSDNodes, Digital Ocean, Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure
- Website Performance Monitoring. Web Performance and New Relic
- Website Testing. Cloudflare and HockeyApp
6. DO WE USE GOOGLE MAPS?
We use the Google Maps API to retrieve certain information when you make location-specific requests. This includes:
■ IP Address
■ User location
We obtain and store on your device ('cache') your location. You may revoke your consent anytime by contacting us at the contact details provided at the end of this document.
The Maps APIs that we use store and access cookies and other information on your devices. If you are a user currently in the European Economic Area (EU countries, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway), please take a look at our Cookie Notice.
7. HOW DO WE HANDLE YOUR SOCIAL LOGINS?
If you choose to register or log in to our services using your third-party social media account details (like your Facebook or Twitter logins), we may have access to certain information about you.The profile Information we receive may vary depending on the social media provider concerned, but will often include your name, email address, friends list, profile picture as well as other information you choose to make public on such social media platforms.
We will use the information we receive only for the purposes that are described in this privacy notice or that are otherwise made clear to you on the relevant. Please note that we do not control, and are not responsible for, other uses of your personal information by your third-party social media provider. We recommend that you review their privacy notice to understand how they collect, use and share your personal information, and how you can set your privacy preferences on their sites and apps.
8. IS YOUR INFORMATION TRANSFERRED INTERNATIONALLY?
Our servers are located in the United States, United Kingdom, Spain, Australia, and India. If you are accessing our Services outside from these regions, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed by us in our facilities and by those third parties with whom we may share your personal information (see "WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?" above), in the United States, Australia, United Kingdom, Europe, India, Canada, and other countries.
If you are a resident in the European Economic Area, then these countries may not necessarily have data protection laws or other similar laws as comprehensive as those in your country. We will however take all necessary measures to protect your personal information in accordance with this privacy notice and applicable law.
European Commission's Standard Contractual Clauses:
We have implemented measures to protect your personal information, by using the European Commission's Standard Contractual Clauses for transfers of personal information between our group companies and between us and our third-party providers. These clauses require all recipients to protect all personal information that they process originating from the EEA in accordance with European data protection laws and regulations. Our Standard Contractual Clauses can be provided upon request. We have implemented similar appropriate safeguards with our third-party service providers and partners and further details can be provided upon request.
9. WHAT IS OUR STANCE ON THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES?
The Services may contain advertisements from third parties that are not affiliated with us and which may link to other websites, online services or mobile applications. We cannot guarantee the safety and privacy of data you provide to any third parties. Any data collected by third parties is not covered by this privacy notice. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of any third parties, including other websites, services or applications that may be linked to or from the Services. You should review the policies of such third parties and contact them directly to respond to your questions.
10. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION ?
We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting or other legal requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize such information, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
11. DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we may have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at [email protected]
12. HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, despite our safeguards and efforts to secure your information, no electronic transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security, and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your information. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Services is at your own risk. You should only access the Services within a secure environment.
13. WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In some regions (like the European Economic Area), you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include the right
(i) to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information,
(ii) to request rectification or erasure;
(iii) to restrict the processing of your personal information; and
(iv) if applicable, to data portability.
In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. To make such a request, please use the contact details provided below. We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note however that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
If you would at any time like to review or change the information in your account or terminate your account, you can:
■ Contact us using the contact information provided.
■ Log in to your account settings and update your user account.
Cookies And Similar Technologies: Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Services.
Opting Out Of Email Marketing: You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us using the details provided below. You will then be removed from the marketing email list.
If you are resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority.
You can find their contact details here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.html/
If you are resident in Switzerland, the contact details for the data protection authorities are available here: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home.html/
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. The updated version will be indicated by an updated “Revised” date and the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible. If we make material changes to this privacy notice, we may notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to review this privacy notice frequently to be informed of how we are protecting your information.
16. CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems and mobile applications include a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. At this stage, no uniform technology standard for recognizing and implementing DNT signals has been finalized. As such, we do not currently respond to DNT browser signals or any other mechanism that automatically communicates your choice not to be tracked online. If a standard for online tracking is adopted that we must follow in the future, we will inform you about that practice in a revised version of this privacy notice.
17. CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with Qubyk Marketplace, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on our platform. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on any of our platforms but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from all our systems (e.g. backups, etc.).
CCPA Privacy Rights (Do Not Sell My Personal Information)
Under the CCPA, among other rights, California consumers have the right to:
- Request that a business that collects a consumer's personal data disclose the categories and specific pieces of personal data that a business has collected about consumers.
- Request that a business delete any personal data about the consumer that a business has collected.
- Request that a business that sells a consumer's personal data, not sell the consumer's personal data.
- If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at [email protected]
Right To Non-Discrimination For The Exercise Of A Consumer's Privacy Rights
We will not discriminate against you if you exercise your privacy rights.
Upon receiving your request, we will need to verify your identity to determine you are the same person about whom we have the information in our system. These verification efforts require us to ask you to provide information so that we can match it with the information you have previously provided us. For instance, depending on the type of request you submit, we may ask you to provide certain information so that we can match the information you provide with the information we already have on file, or we may contact you through a communication method (e.g. phone or email) that you have previously provided to us. We may also use other verification methods as the circumstances dictate.
We will only use personal information provided in your request to verify your identity or authority to make the request. To the extent possible, we will avoid requesting additional information from you for the purposes of verification. If, however, if we cannot verify your identity from the information already maintained by us, we may request that you provide additional information for the purposes of verifying your identity, and for security or fraud-prevention purposes. We will delete such additionally provided information as soon as we finish verifying you.
Other Privacy Rights
- you may object to the processing of your personal data
- you may request correction of your personal data if it is incorrect or no longer relevant, or ask to restrict the processing of the data
- you can designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA on your behalf. We may deny a request from an authorized agent that does not submit proof that they have been validly authorized to act on your behalf in accordance with the CCPA.
- you may request to opt-out from future selling of your personal information to third parties. Upon receiving a request to opt-out, we will act upon the request as soon as feasibly possible, but no later than 15 days from the date of the request submission.
To exercise these rights, you can contact us by email at, [email protected] or by referring to the contact details at the bottom of this document. If you have a complaint about how we handle your data, we would like to hear from you.
Yes. we take on the role of "online marketplace" and we abide by all the rules that follow from that. Because we can't tell when someone is sharing personal information, we simply treat all data as potentially "Personally Identifiable Information" and act accordingly. Note that because we're a "marketplace platform", our buyers or sellers (i.e. you) are still responsible for sharing your information for sale or purchase of products. In line with GDPR principles, we do not collect or store any data that is not needed for providing good customer service or for our marketplace operations.
19.LINKS TO EXTERNAL SITES
20.GOOGLE ADWORDS FOR REMARKETING
You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page, and if you want to you can opt-out of interest-based advertising entirely by cookie settings or permanently using a browser plugin.
Qubyk Marketplace may collect statistics about the behaviour of visitors to its website. We may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, Qubyk Marketplace does not disclose your personally-identifying information.
This site uses affiliate links and does earn a commission from certain links.This DOES NOT not affect your purchases or the price you may pay affect your purchases or the price you may pay.
We are committed to protecting the security of your Personal Information. We use industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Even though we have taken significant steps to protect your Personal Information, you acknowledge that no company, including us, can fully eliminate security risks associated with Personal Information
25.CONTACT INFORMATION AND REVISION
QUBYK MARKETPLACE PTY LTD
100 Harbour Esplanade
Docklands, VIC 3008